The Archives of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Perth
Western Australia consists of the Archdiocese of Perth (estabished in 1845) which includes the former Abbey Nullius of New Norcia (established in 1867), the Diocese of Geraldton (established in 1898), the Diocese of Bunbury (established in 1954) and the Diocese of Broome (established in 1966) formerly the Vicariate of Kimberley (established in 1887). Originally all this territory comprised the Diocese of Perth.
The Archive of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Perth holds records regarding the administration of the Archdiocese. It holds general material about Parishes and some Baptism and Confirmation Registers. It does not hold records of individuals. There is a system of Parish Archives in individual Parishes. Parishes generally kept their own records and their own Baptism and Confirmation Records after 1900. The Religious Orders have their own archives. The Catholic Newspaper, The Record, is microfilmed from 1874-1980 and microfilms are held at the Battye Library of Western Australian History.
Stefania Di Maria, Director
Mailing Address: 40A Mary Street, Highgate WA 6003
Street Address: 193 Harold Street, Mt Lawley, WA 6050
Telephone: +61 (08) 9228 8020
Fax: +61 (08) 9227 6707
Downloads for Parish Archivists