Catholic Youth Ministry
- Be part of a small, friendly team committed to nurturing the faith of young people in the Catholic Archdiocese of Perth
- Contribute to the establishment, running and support of coordinated youth groups and youth adult groups across the Archdiocese
ABOUT THE AGENCY
Catholic Youth Ministry (CYM) is the official Archdiocesan agency supporting and promoting youth ministry in the Archdiocese of Perth. Our aim is to assist young adults to build a deep and lasting relationship with Jesus and to help them find their place in the Church and the world.
CYM's mission is to walk with young people on their faith journey and inspire them to build communities that are vibrant places for young people to encounter Christ, engage with the Church and be a witness to their faith in their everyday life.
CYM provides a resource centre, advice to parishes, and leadership training programs, and distributes information on youth events.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO
The Youth Worker will work on a casual basis. They will contribute to the establishment and running of coordinated youth and young adult groups across the Archdiocese, that provide the opportunity for young people to feel safe, gather in community and belong, where they can express their Faith, connect with Church, and encounter God. This position encompasses a variety of tasks that relate to supporting parish youth and young adult groups, assisting in parish and diocesan youth events, and liaising with clergy, schools, other agencies, and movements. This role is undertaken by various methods which include, but are not limited to, providing phone support, emailing information, visiting, supporting youth groups, and working with media specialists.
Please email email@example.com for a copy of the full Job Description.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development and delivery of a dedicated faith formation program for young people in the Archdiocese of Perth
- Liaise with clergy, youth leaders, youth and young adult groups, parishes, schools, church agencies and movements to support them in their youth programs
- Plan, run, and evaluate youth activities and events
- Answer office telephones, direct calls, take messages for staff, determine, and take needed action on routine messages or enquiries
- Coordinate groups of volunteers through leadership and teambuilding abilities
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
No specific qualification required
Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of the Catholic Faith and Church practices
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability to recruit and work effectively with volunteers to meet outcomes
- Experience working with young people (12-30)
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team with key stakeholders
- Shows initiative, resilience, and has good problem-solving skills
- Must have a valid Western Australian Driver’s Licence and the ability to travel as required
This role will require you to work weeknights and weekends when our youth are most active.
If successful in securing the position, the applicant must provide a valid National Police Clearance, Working with Children Check, WA Driver’s Licence and proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (triple dose).
Please refer to the Job Description for full details of the skills required for the position.
HOW TO APPLY
This is an opportunity to contribute to the youth ministry in the Catholic Archdiocese of Perth by supporting youth groups and young adult groups in various ways, including events.
To receive the Job Description and submit your application by Tuesday 14 February 2023, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org