Catholic Archdiocese of Perth
Coordinator, Wellbeing, Health and Safety
Permanent Full-Time Position
- This is an opportunity to rollout a WHS framework based on the values of human dignity and care
- Use your relevant skills and experience to raise awareness of WHS and support implementation of safe practices in all parishes, agencies and offices of the Catholic Archdiocese of Perth
- Additional 3.5 days leave over Christmas
OVERVIEW OF THE CATHOLIC ARCHDIOCESE OF PERTH
The Catholic Archdiocese of Perth has 106 Parishes and 23 Agencies within its boundaries. Each Parish is under the responsibility of a Priest appointed by the Archbishop of Perth. Agencies are managed by a Director and deliver a wide variety of ministries including; Safeguarding, faith enrichment and formation, liturgy, disability and mental health support, counselling, Aboriginal outreach, marriage and family education services, homelessness support, justice and ecology education programs, training courses and employment support, migrant and refugee services, and prison chaplaincy. Archdiocesan administrative support is provided through the Office of the Archbishop and the Catholic Archdiocese of Perth Administration Centre (CAPAC).
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO
The Coordinator, Wellbeing, Health and Safety provides expert knowledge, advice, and support in order to generate and promote a positive health and safety culture that embraces human dignity. This includes the implementation and maintenance of a safe workplace by implementing and maintaining the Work Health & Safety framework across all areas of the organisation to deliver high quality services reflecting the organisational values. This work primarily focuses on supporting the delivery of Work Health and Safety in the parishes of the Catholic Archdiocese of Perth.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full Job Description.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support parishes in the implementation and maintenance of the WHS program.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of information in the incident and hazard reporting system and the risk register, and ensure suitable control measures are identified and recommended for stakeholders to implement.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to undertake internal hazard identification, risk assessments and investigate incidents to identify key corrective and preventative actions.
- Support the Manager in annual internal WHS audits and inspections to develop clear actions in consultation with Clergy and provide assistance as required to services to address identified gaps.
- Assist the Manager in organisational promotions and events linking to employee physical and psychosocial health.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Technical level qualification Work Health & Safety and/or equivalent
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of current Work Health & Safety Act 2020 and regulations
- Previous experience in a similar role
- alid Western Australian ‘C’ Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of the worker compensation scheme
- Previous experience in a faith-based organisation
If successful in securing the position, the applicant must provide a Federal Police Clearance, Working with Children Check and proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (triple dose).
- Competitive salary package
- 3.5 days additional paid leave over Christmas
- Be a part of organisational transformation
- Working in a friendly and positive environment
HOW TO APPLY
This is an opportunity to support the Catholic Archdiocese of Perth and its parishes to build a WHS framework based on the values of human dignity and care for its people.
To receive the Job Description and submit your application by Wednesday 7 December 2022, please email: email@example.com