PERMANENT PART TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
St Emilie de Vialar Parish is a busy, vibrant Catholic parish located on Amherst Road, Canning Vale. The parish has a vacancy for a permanent part time parish secretary to work 2 days (12 hours per week) on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
- provide secretarial and receptionist support to the Parish Priest;
- maintain parish accounts;
- schedule appointments and use of Parish facilities;
- prepare and file documents;
- answer the phones;
- distribute/route parish mail/email;
- liaise with the school, Parish Ministry leaders, other parishes and the Office of the Archbishop;
- order office supplies and assist with catering orders (when required);
- participate in and assist with Parish/Archdiocesan meetings when required; and
- prepare parish publications and assist with communications.
Applicants must be experienced with proven administration and accounts experience, have good communication skills and a demonstrated ability to use MYOB and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Access and Outlook). Operating knowledge of computer hardware is required (e.g. PCs, scanner, printer, photocopier). An understanding of the ethos of the Catholic Church would be an advantage.
This is an opportunity to support a vibrant Catholic Parish and its community as it continues to grow in faith and mission.
Free onsite parking is available at the Parish.
To receive the Job Description and submit your application by Tuesday, 11 October 2022, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org