ARCHDIOCESE OF PERTH VACANCIES
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Youth Ministry Worker
Part time position – temporary, 12 months maternity leave cover
Perth Catholic Youth Ministry
The Perth Catholic Youth Ministry office is seeking a vibrant youth worker to join the Youth Ministry team.
0.4 Part time position (2 days per week) temporary, 12 months maternity leave cover.
The successful applicant would be required to:
- Work within the Youth Ministry team to provide support to individuals and groups in youth ministry through parishes and the broader community in the Archdiocese of Perth.
- Continue to grow and promote youth ministry networks throughout the diocese.
- Assist in coordinating diocesan youth initiatives.
- Undergo screening in accordance with the West Australian Working With Children Check.
- Hold a current C Class driver’s licence
Applications close Friday 30 October 2020.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - MANAGER OF PASTORAL SERVICES
ST JOHN OF GOD SUBIACO HOSPITAL
St John of God Subiaco Hospital has a rare opportunity for a suitably qualified Manager of Pastoral Services to join our passionate Pastoral Services team. The Manager of Pastoral Services is responsible for: Setting the strategic direction of Pastoral services within the Division; Providing leadership and coordination to the team responsible for the provision of holistic Pastoral services to patients and clients; Providing Pastoral care to patients/clients and their families according to Divisional need. This position is being offered on a permanent part time basis, contracted to 68.4 hours per fortnight (0.9FTE).
If you have a vision for high quality Pastoral Services delivery and growth in a health care environment along with experience in leadership positions, we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care. Successful completion at a minimum 50 hours of supervised pastoral qualification and a formal tertiary level pastoral qualification at a degree/postgraduate level. Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a professional healthcare role or equivalent with demonstrated expertise in leadership and management. Demonstrated ability to provide Pastoral support to patients and clients from a variety of faith, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a senior leader, capable of managing competing demands and delivering results. High–level verbal and written communication skills and the capacity to engage effectively with a variety of people. Experience in conducting education in the provision of Pastoral care. Demonstrated ability to maintain professional boundaries and contribute positively to a multi-disciplinary team. Flexibility with working hours including the ability and preparedness to undertake evening/weekend shift/on call duties as required. You will be rewarded with a remuneration package commensurate with your skills and experience, also offering attractive salary packaging opportunities, along with a working environment that is consistent with our values.
* All applicants must address the Selection Criteria (as detailed on the last page of the Position Description)
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
For enquiries, please contact Jennifer Healey, Director of Mission Integration, on 0437 018 912.
To apply, please click HERE and enter reference number 26978. Applications Close: COB 18 October 2020.
FINAL Manager Pastoral Services, Subiaco.pdf [Download]