News & Events
- Finding hope in hard times; letting God move you through your suffering
- Ukrainian Catholic community comes together one year one from start of war
- LITURGICAL FORMATION AND RENEWAL PROGRAM - Important stages of life made holy through Sacramentality, says Fr Vincent
- Families gain from inaugural MOU; parties commit to working proactively
- Errol and Jason ordained to the diaconate: We are all called to be faithful disciples of Jesus, says Archbishop Costelloe
- Archive 2023
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2018
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- Archive 2012
- Archive 2011
- Archive 2010
- The Record Magazine
- Photo Gallery
- Video Gallery
Passing Away of Fr Gordon Bennett
Passing Away of Fr Gordon Herbert Bennett
Article by Fr Robert Cross
Archbishop Hickey and the Clergy of the Archdiocese of Perth would like to pay a tribute to the life and ministry of Father Gordon Herbert Bennett who passed away peacefully on Tuesday 10th May 2011 at Little Sisters of the Poor, Glendalough, aged 90 years.
Ordained to the priesthood on 29th June 1974 in England, Fr Bennett arrived in Perth in September 1985. His first appointment was as Chaplain to Little Sisters of the Poor, Glendalough, followed by an appointment as Assistant Priest in the Parish of Northam. He later served as Chaplain to Hollywood Hospital and at St John of God Villas where he resided. Fr Bennett continued to live at the Villas during his retirement, and more recently at Little Sisters of the Poor.
We are grateful to Fr Bennett for his generous and faithful service in the Archdiocese.
May he rest in peace.
Archbishop Hickey, Bishop Sproxton, and the priests of the Archdiocese of Perth.