News & Events
- Finding hope in hard times; letting God move you through your suffering
- Ukrainian Catholic community comes together one year one from start of war
- LITURGICAL FORMATION AND RENEWAL PROGRAM - Important stages of life made holy through Sacramentality, says Fr Vincent
- Families gain from inaugural MOU; parties commit to working proactively
- Errol and Jason ordained to the diaconate: We are all called to be faithful disciples of Jesus, says Archbishop Costelloe
- Archive 2023
- Archive 2022
- Archive 2021
- Archive 2020
- Archive 2019
- Archive 2018
- Archive 2017
- Archive 2016
- Archive 2015
- Archive 2014
- Archive 2013
- Archive 2012
- Archive 2011
- Archive 2010
- The Record Magazine
- Photo Gallery
- Video Gallery
Fr Pat Cunningham RIP
FATHER PAT CUNNINGHAM R.I.P.
Born 17 March 1929, died 7 November 2014
Fr Pat with the 1942 class photo of the first group of students from St Charles' Seminary which he was, up until his death, the last surviving member
It is with sadness that we announce the news that Fr Pat Cunningham passed away at 9.00am on the morning of Friday, 7 November 2014. Fr Pat died peacefully at Royal Perth Hospital aged 85 years.
On hearing the news of Fr Pat’s death, Archbishop Timothy Costelloe said:
“Father Pat was a dedicated priest for over 62 years serving the Catholic community of Perth in many differing roles. He had become a fount of knowledge about the history of the Archdiocese. His presence among us will be greatly missed. As he returns to his Heavenly Father, let us entrust him to God’s care at this time. May he rest in peace.”
Fr Pat on the occasion of his 80th birthday
The Vigil Mass takes place at St Brigid’s Church, Northbridge, on Wednesday, 12 November 2014, at 7.00pm. The principal celebrant will be Rev Fr John Jegorow. The Mass will be followed by a light supper. Parking will be available in the AFO/CDF parking area behind St Brigid’s Church. There is also additional parking at the Mercy Centre, 60 John Street, Northbridge.
The Funeral Mass will take place at St Mary’s Cathedral on Thursday, 13 November 2014, at 10.30am with Archbishop Timothy Costelloe SDB as the principal celebrant.
The Mass will be followed by a burial service at Karrakatta Cemetery at 12.30pm.