COVID-19 Update: Restrictions introduced for Perth Metropolitan and Peel Region from 6am Monday 21 February 2022
Restrictions for Perth Metropolitan and Peel Region from 6am Monday 21 February 2022
The Most Rev Timothy Costelloe SDB
Archbishop of Perth
Thursday 24 February 2022
Download the full text in PDF
Dear Brothers & Sisters,
Restrictions introduced for Perth Metropolitan and Peel Region from 6am Monday, 21 February 2022
From 6.00am on Monday, 21 February 2022 Level 1 measures have been in effect for the Perth, Peel, South West, Wheatbelt, Great Southern and Pilbara.
In addition to the application of existing indoor mask requirements, proof of vaccination, contact registration and restricted access to remote Aboriginal communities, Level 1 measures also include:
• Home gatherings are limited to a total of 30 people.
• Private outdoor gatherings (not at a private residence) are limited to a total of 200 people.
• The 2sqm rule applies to all places of worship.
Hospitals, aged and disability care facilities
• Visitation at residential aged care facilities, residential disability care facilities and hospitals is limited to 4 visitors per patient/resident per day.
• Exemptions apply for compassionate reasons.
COVID Events and Safety Plans
• COVID Event Checklists are required for events with more than 500 patrons, and less than 1,000 patrons, and COVID Event Plans are required for large events with 1,000 patrons and above. See the Events page for more information.
• COVID Safety Plans are to be expanded to early childhood education and childcare services (and encouraged for all workplaces).
• Workplaces are to implement COVID-19 safe settings to manage workforce impacts.
Weddings and funerals
• If outdoors (not at a private residence), a maximum of 200 patrons applies.
• If outdoors (at a private residence), a maximum of 200 people provided there is at least 2sqm of space per person (and no more than 30 people indoors at any given time).
• If indoors (not at a private residence), as per venue requirements.
• If indoors at a private residence, a maximum of 30 people.
The WA Government’s full announcement outlining all restrictions can be found here.
Further updates relevant to the Archdiocese of Perth will be communicated on an ongoing basis via the dedicated COVID-19 page on the website of the Archdiocese of Perth.
Further updates can be accessed on the WA Government’s website.
I invite you to share this update with your people given the proximity of Lent. Further updates, as they become available, will be provided by the Office of the Vicar General.
Very Rev Fr Peter G Whitely